Monday, January 9, 2017

Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Honey Balsamic Glaze

Roasted Brussel Sprouts and onion with balsamic glaze 1

I realize that there was probably a bunch of people who took one look at the this post and went "yuck, brussel sprouts" but I can guarantee you, you will never hear that phrase uttered out of my mouth. I love them!

I wasn't always a brussel sprout lover. I can remember eating them at a friends house where her mom boiled them and probably threw some butter on them and I politely try to move them around my plate. That was a very long time ago and ever since I started roasting them, they have become one of my most favorite vegetable.

If you think you don't like them, I really encourage you to roast some up and give them another chance. Roasting brings out a really nutty, caramelized flavor, turning them into so much more than a little cabbage. I promise.

The most time consuming part of this recipe is cutting up the sprouts and the onions and it really doesn't take much time at all. The balsamic glaze gives it a tangy little kick!

Roasted Brussel Sprouts and onion with balsamic glaze

Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Honey Balsamic Glaze
recipe from Lisa @The Cutting Edge of Ordinary
PRINTABLE RECIPE
2 lb. brussels sprouts, halved
1 red onion, sliced
Olive oil
salt and pepper

For the glaze

2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard

Preheat oven to 425. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread the brussel sprouts and onions out on the baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil to coat. Add salt and pepper. Roast for 15 and then using a spatulas, flip them over, return to the oven and cook for an additional 10 - 15 minutes. Depending on how caramelized you like them.

In a small bowl, whisk together balsamic vinegar, honey and Dijon and drizzle over roasted sprouts and onions

No comments: